Thursday, March 3, 2011

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon


Oh my god it's been TOO long since I've posted.  But here is why:  I started this book on January 6th and just finished it last week.  It was a BIG book.  850 pages big.  It still shouldn't have taken me as long as it did to read.  I just have to accept that I don't have as much time as I used to or as I'd like to, to read.  But if you haven't read this book yet, you have to go get it right now.  It's AMAZING.  Every woman is going to want a James Fraser.  He is firey hot and everything a woman could want in a man!  If you don't fall for him, let me know, because every lady in my book club melted for him! 

Ok, a little bit about the book.  It's set in Scotland (YES, James is Scottish!), and starts in modern time....but Claire (the main character) accidentally time travels and is set back to some time in the 1700s.  It continues about her journey and has a lot of accurate history in the storyline as well.  There is battle, there is romance, there is a bit of humor, there is pain, there is absolute brutality...disturbingly so.  But it is SO good.  I can't tell you how good, you just HAVE to read it.  I myself will go on to read at least the second book.  This book is the first in a series of eight.  Only seven are available right now, I think the eighth is set to come out next year.  I could give you a summary, but seriously, you need to read the book.  And then we'll chat about it because SOMEONE in my book club gave away something from book two that I was lead to believe wasn't so, and now I'm enraged.  But so hooked ;)

GO TO THE LIBRARY RIGHT NOW AND GET THIS BOOK!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment