Monday, October 22, 2012

One for the Money by Janet Evanovich




I read this book because a member of my book club has been raving how funny this series is since our book club started.  A few months ago while I was looking through a list of movies, I’d noticed this book had been produced with Katherine Heigl acting as the main character.  Since I’d already been thinking of reading this book, that sold me.

I didn’t find it laugh out loud funny as I’d been anticipating due to the hype from my fellow book club member; however there were parts that were pretty funny.  Stephanie Plum is a bounty hunter.  She has no money and needs cash fast, so she sets her sights on this guy that has a $10,000 pay off if she brings him in.  She has a few unsuccessful encounters with him, and decides she needs to try an easier catch for cash.  The story involves a murder, a psycho boxer, an ex cop, and Stephanie.  The tale is interesting, not too farfetched and should make a fantastic film.

No comments:

Post a Comment