Monday, January 27, 2014

1984 by George Orwell


I read this because it seemed to me a lot of people say this is their favorite book.  This book wasn't for me.  I kept reading it hoping it would get better.  And it did, a little bit, not much.  Part One seemed terrible, Two got a bit better and Part Three was the best of the book.  But through the entire thing my thoughts would wander.  I would read and be thinking and not know what I had just read.  I like books with dialogue.  This book just doesn't have a lot of that.  It is just so much explaining.  Not for me.  Maybe if I got the book at the end.  But I didn't understand it, I don't think, on the level that it was meant to be understood.  So glad it's done.  It was slow and took too long because I wasn't enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment