Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Dangerous Fortune by Ken Follett


I had to interrupt "Voyager" to read this book for this month's book club.  This is not the type of book I would have picked on my own to read.  It was interesting enough, however I didn't find any of the characters very likable.  And a lot of them were plain mean.  And the mean ones were the ones who always came out on top, and all the scheming they did directly affected the one (of two) nicer character who was trying very, very hard to just be successful.  Anyway, there are a lot of shocking events.  It's mostly about a family bank and how it's run, and follows the stories of that family.  I guess I was partially satisfied with the ending.  I think worse could have happened to one particular mean character, who is actually just a bitch.  Anyway.  I'm happy it's done so I can return to Voyager!

No comments:

Post a Comment