Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Birth House by Ami McKay


I had trouble really getting into this book.  When I read the summary about what it was about, I thought, this isn't a book I'm really going to like.  It isn't a book I would have picked on my own.  It's this month's book club book.  I finished it this past Saturday.  I didn't find it exciting or wanting to pick it up to see what was going to happen.  I was disappointed with the life the main character chose for herself, and even more disappointed with the end of the book.  Her husband treated her like crap and she didn't experience love with him.  All she ever wanted was a baby of her own and she doesn't even end up having birth to her own.  Just helps out with the babies being born in the village.  So I didn't really like this book at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment