Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella


I am waiting for the third book in the Hunger Games trilogy and the second Book in the 50 Shades of Grey trilogy at the library so I decided to pick something different to tide me over in the meantime.  (Also members of my book club at work hadn't picked books for the upcoming months yet, so I was a little desperate for a book to read).  I wasn't sure I'd like this book and after finishing it I'm still uncertain what my opinion is (that is if I liked it or not). 

Parts of this book made me really anxious; this woman spends, spends, spends and she doesn't have the money and her credit cards are in overdrafts and her banks are sending letters wanting payment.  And she BUYS MORE STUFF to make her feel better.  I couldn't take those parts.  I don't match that style.  Anyway, so because of this the whole thing it's like watching a train wreck, because she is also pretty much a compulsory liar IMO.  I just had to keep reading to see what would happen next.  I was happy with the ending when things work out for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment