Thursday, September 13, 2012

Scarlett Fever by Maureen Johnson


I picked this book randomly, although the author was not random.  She is friends with John Green, and you know how much I love John.  So I thought I'd give her a try.  I didn't enjoy this book very much, but I think I will eventually read another by her and see if I like it better.  It wasn't the writing I disliked, it was the storyline.  Scarlett lives in a hotel, doesn't have a lot of money, and has two sisters and a brother.  And parents.  In the beginning the book is about a boy she likes, Eric, who I guess broke her heart.  She works for an agent (AAA), an acting agency consiting of one woman who overworks her.  Anyway it focuses on her going to school and working for this woman with side stories involving her brother who is an actor and her sisters.  Then a girl named Chelsea who becomes a client gets involved and that tangles up Chelsea's brother into the story.  And the book ends just when I was becoming involved.  Seemed like another few chapters could have summed some things up nicely.  But I found the ending abrupt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment